View and download your hospital letters instantly on your mobile phone, tablet or computer with our new digital letter service.
You will receive a text message notifying you that you have a new letter to view online. Follow the link in your message to view and download your letter.
If you choose to view your letter online, we won’t send you a printed letter, unless you request one. Those who prefer can still receive their letters by post.
How to view your digital letter online
- Follow the link in the text message or visit nhs.my/aintree and log in with your name, date of birth, postcode
- To check it is really you, we’ll send a unique one-time code to your mobile. Insert this into the webpage.
- View your appointment letters online in one place and download your letters as PDF.
- Once you’ve viewed your letter online, we will no longer send you a paper letter unless you request one.
How to receive a paper letter
If you haven’t viewed your letter online after two days, or if you haven’t viewed your letter at least 7 days before the appointment, we will send you a paper letter anyway.
If you need to receive paper letters by post, you can easily request this by:
- Reply PRINT to your appointment letter text message
- Log in to our patient portal by visiting nhs.my/aintree, go to settings and turn off the paperless option
Why are we introducing digital letters?
Allowing patients to view and download their letters online helps us to:
- Deliver appointment letters to you instantly
- Reduce confusion from lost letters or letters arriving in the wrong order
- Reduce our environmental impact
- Save the NHS money by reducing the amount of paper and stamps we are using
For more information on this service, please see our FAQs