Your appointment letter will give specific information about your appointment, including the date, time and location, and also the department you should report to upon arrival.
We are introducing a new digital letter service so you can easily view and download your letters online. Those who prefer can still receive their letters by post.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Your appointment letter (on your phone, tablet or paper copy)
- A list of your current medication, including the strength of the medication and how often you take them
- Money for prescriptions, or your exemption certificate
- A copy of your passport or visa if you have not been resident in the UK for the last 12 months
- Any paperwork which shows that you can claim for your travel expenses
- You may wish to bring a list of questions to discuss during your appointment
Getting to hospital
Details of how to get to and around the hospital, including maps, and details on car parking and public transport links, can be found on the Find Us page. You can also log in to your online portal through the link in your text messages or visiting nhs.my/Aintree to view location information and maps for your specific appointment. For more information, please see manage your appointments.
Log in to your online portal through the link in your text messages or visiting nhs.my/Aintree to view clinic information about your upcoming appointment. For more information, please see manage your appointments.
If you require an ambulance for your initial appointment, your GP can arrange this for you the first time.
Alternatively you can ring North West Ambulance Service (NWAS) on 0800 032 3240 to request transport.
They will ask you a series of questions to check that you are able to have an ambulance to bring you to hospital.
Patient transport for follow up appointments and ambulance cancellations
When your follow up appointment is booked The Patient Appointment Centre will book your transport. If your health changes and you feel that you need an ambulance you can ring the number above to request ambulance transport.