Due to the current situation with COVID-19 locally in our region, Liverpool University Hospitals will continue to restrict visiting to maintain patient safety and reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19 within our hospitals.
Until further notice, visiting is only permitted in the following exceptional circumstances:
- A maximum of two visitors for patients who are in their last hours / days and receiving end of life care.
- One carer that is supporting someone with a mental health issue such as dementia, a learning disability or autism, where not being present would cause the patient to be distressed.
We understand how difficult it is to be unable to visit loved ones in hospital at this time, and would encourage friends and family to utilise our Family Liaison Service to connect with patients.
The health, safety and wellbeing of our patients, communities and staff across the organisation remain our absolute priority. Thank you for your continued support and understanding at this challenging time. We will review these arrangements on a regular basis.
The latest national guidance from on symptoms and what to do is:
If you have a
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature.
Stay at home and read the full guidance here.
How to keep yourselves, your family and friends safe:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) risk assessment
The Health and Safety Department has worked with the Trust Oversight Groups for COVID-19 response to produce a risk assessment which addresses how Liverpool University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust will restrict the transmission of the coronavirus in the workplace for the protection of our staff, patients and visitors. Fundamentally, this has involved planning how work can continue at the hospital whilst following the government guidance on social distancing.
The Trust is required to publish its findings as per the Government Guidance ‘Working Safety during COVID-19’. Should you have any queries about this document or health and safety arrangement at any of our hospitals, please call 0151 529 6597 or email: HealthandSafety@liverpoolft.nhs.uk.
Official information sources
If you are concerned about Coronavirus (COVID-19) there is lots of official information online from the NHS and Public Health England. Please refer to the list of official resources below for the latest guidance and advice.
Click on the links above or search @COVIDLiverpool on both platforms to follow regular updates.
NHS 111: https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19
NHS website: nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
Public Health England: gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
World Health Organisation: who.int/health-topics/coronavirus