The Trauma and Orthopaedic department provides both elective (planned) and emergency services.
We have a team of 49 consultants across Aintree University Hospital and Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen Hospital with special interests covering the whole range of orthopaedic conditions. This service is supported by a specialist nursing team, who will provide information, support and guidance throughout your treatment.
Conditions treated/treatments provided include:
- Hip and knee replacements and revision procedures
- Complex soft tissue knee surgery
- Hand and shoulder surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Bone, joint and other limb infections and dislocations
- Fractures and broken bones
- Limb soft tissue injuries to ligaments, cartilages, muscles and tendons.
The department also provides:
- 24-hour on-call service for all trauma cases
- Fracture and elective clinics
- Specialist arthroplasty (joint replacement) clinics
- A GP hotline
- A bone donation facility
- Physiotherapy triage clinics
- Dressing clinics
- Orthotic department.