About this service
Aintree’s Pharmacy Department provides a comprehensive range of services to support the safe and effective use of medicines for all our patients.
The dedicated and multi-skilled pharmacy team are experts in medicine and work with clinical teams throughout the hospital to ensure each patient receives the best possible medicine for their condition.
The department provides a range of services including:
- Monitoring prescriptions for safety, cost effectiveness, appropriateness and compliance with formulary policy
- Dispensary services for patients admitted to the hospital (inpatient) and those issued prescriptions during their clinic visit (outpatients)
- Clinical pharmacy services, providing specialist pharmacist support at ward level across both Aintree & The Walton Centre
- Supplying wards and clinical areas with medicines
- Providing medicines information for clinical teams across the hospital on all aspects of medicine use
- Preparing a range of products in the Aseptic Unit
- Pharmacy clinical trials service
- Delivering teaching and education to clinical teams
- Non-medical prescribing to in and outpatient areas
The onsite Pharmacy at Aintree University Hospital is located on the ground floor of the main hospital building. The hospital pharmacy provides a dispensary service to both inpatients and outpatient.
Opening hours are
- Monday, 8.30am–6.45pm
- Tuesday-Friday, 8.30am-5pm
- Saturday, 9am–3.30pm
- Sunday, 2pm-3pm.
Lloyds Pharmacy is now dispensing outpatient and A&E prescriptions
Opening hours: 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Contact: 0151 529 6018 or 0151 521 4965
Our Pharmacy team consist of pharmacists (including specialists), technicians, porters, assistants and pre-registration pharmacists who work together to provide a comprehensive pharmacy service.
Pharmacy services at Aintree are led by Clinical Director of Pharmacy Professor Alison Ewing.