About this service
Our nutrition and dietetics team offer a service to inpatients and outpatients at all our hospitals, advising on nutrition and health, food-related problems and practical ways to manage disease and ill health.
Services provides include:
- Dietary advice to patients and carers (on the ward and in outpatients).
- Training on nutrition and therapeutic diets to healthcare professionals and catering staff.
- Advice to the hospital catering department on menu planning for patients and staff to ensure appropriate meal provision.
- A nutritional advisory and information service
- Implementing policies that promote the importance of nutrition such as nutritional screening and protected mealtimes for patients on the ward.
The team is comprised of a group of experts in the nutrients in food, how nutrients are used by the body, and the relationship between diet, health and disease.
If you feel you need some help with your diet then you can ask your own GP or a doctor at the hospital to refer you to see the dietitian.