About this service
Aintree’s Day Case Surgery Unit provides day surgery services for a wide variety of surgical specialties for patients within the North West region and the Isle of Man
Day surgery allows you to be admitted to hospital for surgery or a procedure and be discharged home on the same day. It's for people who do not need to stay overnight and makes the surgery more convenient for you.
Patients are admitted, receive their operations and are cared for and discharged all within the same unit on the same day.
Conditions treated include:
- Ophthalmology – Day case, inpatient & emergency surgery
- Head & Neck – Dental & soft tissue
- Orthopaedics – Foot & Ankle, spinal, hand & minor Orthopaedic procedures
- Dermatology – Soft tissue
- Vascular – Fistulas
- General Surgery (including colorectal, Upper GI and HPB surgery)
- Urology – Minor day case procedures
Aintree’s Day Surgery Unit is located in the Elective Care Centre.
The Elective Care Centre is nurse led discharge unit for all day case surgical procedures within Aintree.
Please note, however that the Elective Care Centre does not have a ward attached to it and relatives need to be aware when collecting patients from the unit they will be asked to wait in our reception area until their relative is ready for discharge.
Treatment is on a referral basis from GP to surgeon.