The Cardiology Department has a fully equipped Cardiac Laboratory, providing a wide range of non-invasive investigations and invasive procedures in the Cardiac Catheter Laboratory.
The service provides diagnostics for Aintree patients and other Trusts such as the Walton Centre, Clatterbridge and Liverpool Women's, as well as open access services for local GPs in ECG, ambulatory ECG, ambulatory blood pressure and Echocardiography.
Current available facilities within the Cardiac Laboratory and Cardiac Catheter Laboratory include:
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Ambulatory ECG monitoring
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Cardiac Arrhythmia Event recording
- High Resolution Signal Averaged ECG recording
- Echocardiography and Trans-Oesophageal Echocardiography (both 2D and 3D)
- Stress Echocardiography (both Dobutamine and exercise bike)
- Tilt Table Testing and Cardiac Autonomic Function Testing
- Exercise ECG Testing
- Permanent Pacemaker Implantation and follow-up
- Implantable loop recorder implantation and follow-up
- Diagnostic coronary angiography