The bereavement office staff consists of a bereavement officer and support staff.
The staff will provide help and emotional support for bereaved people as follows:
- Arranging completion of all documentation, including medical certificates
- Arranging cremation papers and collecting fees on behalf of medical staff
- Advice and information regarding funeral arrangements
- Information regarding visiting the deceased (if desired)
- Emotional support to those attending the bereavement suite
- If you wish to request a handprint or lock of hair please speak to the bereavement office staff about this.
- The Bereavement Team do not offer a counselling service but can provide you with details of bereavement services that you may find helpful.