Smokefree Liverpool is a new service encouraging people to stop smoking. The service offers free advice and support to those wanting to stop smoking by providing a range of services that meet their needs.
This includes face to face support from friendly advisors, selected local pharmacies plus phone and text support. They also offer support for those wanting to quit e-cigarettes. Smokefree Liverpool replaces the Roy Castle Fag ends service
Last year, 6,307 people in Liverpool signed up for stop smoking support, with almost 50 percent still successful after four weeks.
And as well as the vast health benefits of quitting, people who give up save on average around £3,000 per year.
Liverpool’s Director of Public Health Dr Sandra Davies is encouraging all smokers to take the first step and give up their cigarettes. She said: “We know that the vast majority of smokers in Liverpool are keen to quit and there is lots of support to help.
"If you have tried unsuccessfully to stop smoking before, it doesn’t matter, sooner or later you will be successful if you are determined enough and have the right support.”
Smokefree Liverpool offers
- Face-Face support from friendly and experienced advisors
- Choice of Drop in, Group or One-One support
- Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy vouchers for those exempt from prescriptions
- Access to the Wellness on Wheels vehicle which will be in neighbourhoods around the city
- Help and support over the phone or via text message at a time that suits the individual
- Contact through our Facebook and Twitter pages
- Help from a selected number of local pharmacies for free confidential and convenient advice
- Specialist support for women and their families at any time during their pregnancy
- Help and support available for quitting e-cigarettes.
Smokefree Bus and Community Information Events
A series of Smokefree Liverpool events are taking place across the city during October including a specially commissioned community ‘Smokefree bus’ which will visit communities offering help and advice to people to quit.
Visit www.smokefreeliverpool.co.uk for the latest details
People wanting to give up smoking can get in touch with Smokefree Liverpool in the following ways. Referrals can be received by healthcare professionals, partners and from residents of Liverpool.
Phone: 0800 061 4212 or 0151 375 2535
Text: QUIT 66777
You can also contact the Occupational Health and Wellbeing team.