Our Communications team manages all media enquiries and requests for filming and photography.
The team is available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. If you have a media enquiry during this time, please contact the team by emailing email@example.com.
If you have an urgent media enquiry outside of normal office hours, please call the switchboard on 0151 525 5980 and ask for the General Manager on call.
Condition checks will only be given if:
- the patient in question, their legal guardian (if under 16) or the patients’ next of kin (if patient unable to communicate) consents.
- the journalist requesting the condition check is able to provide a name, date of birth and/or an address for the patient.
We use short responses for patient condition checks for example ‘critical’ or ‘stable’. We do enter into discussions about details of any of our patients.
We will not give out any information if a patient or family ask us not to do so.
Filming and photography on site
All requests for filming and photography at our hospital must be made in advance through the communications team.
Please do not arrive at the hospitals without permission or you may be asked to leave.
If permission to film is given a representative from the communications team or another member of hospital staff will accompany you while you are filming.
- Please do not film or photograph patients, visitors or staff who have not given their written consent.
- Please do not film or photograph, in a way that will identity them, vehicle registration plates, patient records or any patient identifiable information
- Please respect the wishes and requests of any patients or staff that you are filming with
- Please remember the patient’s care and needs must come first.