What is a Senior Information Risk Officer (SIRO)?
A SIRO is the Senior Information Risk Owner in the organisation. The role supports implementation of international / government standard for information management and security.
- Ultimately accountable for assurance of information security at the Organisation
- Champions information security at Board level
- Owns corporate policy on information security
- Provides an annual statement of the security of information assets for the Annual Governance Statement (as part of the audit process)
Aintree University Hospital SIRO: Ian Jones, Director of Finance and Business Services
Tel: 0151 529 4474
Who or What is the Caldicott Guardian?
Caldicott Guardians are appointed to develop and maintain responsible, appropriate and secure practices for sharing and handling of personal health information, in accordance with the six principles developed in the Caldicott Report.
Caldicott Guardian Responsibilities:
- Actively support work to facilitate and enable information sharing, and advise on options for lawful and ethical processing of information as required
- Represent Information Governance requirements and issues at Board level
- Support development of processes, including performance frameworks, that satisfy the highest practical standards for handling person-identifiable information and acts as the “the conscience” of the organisation.
Aintree University Hospital Caldicott Guardian: Tristan Cope, Medical Director
Tel: 0151 529 2231