Liverpool Diabetes Partnership service is providing a clinical advice line 8am-8pm, seven days a week, including Bank Holidays on 0151 529 6099.
The team is continuing with home visits for poorly patients and will take referrals for patients who are discharged and require follow up or commencement of injectable therapies. Please email: Liverpool.Diabetes@nhs.net or call above number.
The service is also providing a patient line 8am-8pm, over seven days on 0151 529 0283.
About this service
The Liverpool Diabetes Partnership [LDP] is a service dedicated to providing quality diabetes care within the community, right on your doorstep.
LDP is a partnership between Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Merseycare NHS Foundation Trust. We offer education, care and support to people with Diabetes, both newly diagnosed and established Diabetes.
Or services are delivered by Consultants, Diabetes Specialist Nurses, Health Care Assistants, Dietitians and Podiatrists in GP surgeries, local clinics and in the home.
We were lucky enough to secure a number of prestigious awards in 2018 and we have used these achievements to continue to develop and deliver high quality patient centered care on a day to day basis.
- RCN North West Black History Month Award 2018
- Diabetes Quality in Care (QiC) Hypo Awareness Excellence Award 2018
- Proud of Aintree Excellence Award: Divisonal Award for Medicine 2018
- Proud of Aintree Excellence Award: Team of the Year 2018
- Proud of Aintree Excellence Award: Innovator of the Year 2018 – Juliette Palmer, Diabetes Specialist Nurse.
Newly updated “Diabetes & You” Type 2 Diabetes education sessions…..
- These sessions are FREE and are currently running at health centres across the city. Anyone with Type 2 Diabetes can attend, no matter how long you’ve had the diagnosis or how it is managed.
- We provide an informal but comprehensive overview of what diabetes is and why we develop it; how you are managed & monitored; the role medication plays; and how to manage diabetes with food & lifestyle choices.
- Self-conscious about attending a group? Don’t be! We provide an informal, relaxed environment where you can learn more about managing your diabetes and feel free to interact as much or as little as you want. You may wish to bring a friend, relative or carer to support you during the session – that’s ok, just let us know so we can accommodate them.
- The sessions run over two consecutive weeks, lasting two hours each time with a comfort break, and are delivered by our Diabetes Specialist Nurses & Dietitians. You may already have some questions prepared, which we will do our best to answer for you. We will also provide a handbook to support the information discussed during the sessions, although you may wish to bring some paper to make your own notes.
- Courses run between 10am-12 noon, 1pm-3pm and 5.30pm-7.30pm at the following Health Centre’s: Speke, Garston, Breeze Hill, Townsend, Yew Tree, Childwall, Picton Medical Centre, Croxteth Fire Station, Mere Lane Practice, and Kensington Health Centre
- You can self-refer by contacting us on 0151 529 2130 and booking on to your nearest session, or request your GP or Practice Nurse refer you in.
Twitter - @LDPartnership
Facebook - Liverpool Diabetes Partnership
Instagram - @liverpool_diabetes_partnership
LDP out and about...
LDP does NDPP - Diabetes Prevention Week reflections
Take a look at the highlights from our Croxteth Hall Park Run here.